- FEIJOADA KIT LEAD FOODS - 360 g
- Dry Black Beans - 1 lb
- Diced Onion - 1
- Bay Leaves - 2
- Cumin and Pepper - to taste
- Pre-soak the Black Beans, for at least two hours (if you do not pre-soak, final result could be saltier than if you did). Drain the water.
- In a pressure cooker, add the previously soaked and drained black beans, the Feijoada Kit, diced onions and Bay leaves.
- Add 4 to 6 cups of fresh water.
- Pressure cook for 30 minutes.
- Safely open the lid (make sure that all pressure is released before you open it).
- If you like your beans without the broth, your Feijoada is ready. If you like it with the broth, bring it back to boil (without the lid on) for an additional 15-20 minutes for a thicker broth.
- [optional] Add a cup of white wine for a refined finishing, while you reduce the broth.
- Serve it with rice, vinaigrette and stir-fried Collard greens (or Kale).
Enjoy the easiest way to make the most popular dish of Brazil.
This recipe serves 4-6 people.